10 January 2009

I got shat upon

My host family are really cute and very nice. Lola, my house mom and Mariano, my house dad try their best to communicate with my roommates and I. So far, I have had the hardest time out of the three of us speaking Spanish. Sucks...

I luckily got a room by myself while the other two girls have to share one. The thing that I expected the least is how cold it is inside! They never turn their heaters on, so basically if you go outside, it is much warmer.

Yesterday, the three of us(Jennifer, Amanda, and I) decided to go shopping. We were waiting on a street corner for another girl to meet us, and a bird pooped on me and Jennifer. Ha-ha! Isn't that good luck??? I wonder if I can save it up because I didn't want to use it yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. So was the adult child thing just a myth?

    I too got the short end of the pigeon stick, but it was near the end of my trip. People claim its luck, and I hope that it brings you some, but all it was for me was just very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adult child? If you mean that they have a son, well they have 3 sons and 1 daughter. One of the sons lives there I think, but he is gone a lot. Everyone came over on Saturday for lunch, which is the biggest meal of the day. They seem to have a really nice family.

    ReplyDelete