26 January 2009

Grafiti

Hola amigos!

My understanding is that grafiti en Sevilla es legal. En Madrid y Barcelona, no es legal. But in Seville, it is only legal in certain places, and I can't translate good enough to ask why in some places and not in others. Living in Lubbock and Odessa really didn't expose me too much to murals like this. I mean, there is some very profane graffiti around the city, but that's because ignorant little hooligans who also like to steal stuff from cars are busy messing everything up. But I'm just going to post pictures of some very cool art that I've seen.

peace,

corey






4 comments:

  1. It is amazing what you can do with a can of spray paint or mini rollers. It’s cool that Seville offers legal places for this as the results are often much more artful. I didn’t see any cool graffiti in Rome, only stupid taggings on roman ruins. Remind me to show you a book of graffiti from Brazil that I have.

    Hope you are having a good time so far (seems that you are). Have you decided on any weekend trips yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to Barcelona the end of March with my friend who is studying abroad in London currently.

    But with my TTU group, we are going to Granada in two weeks, then Lisbon for a few days in a month. Mostly Im just going to travel after the semester is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happens if you paint over someone else's painting?? Just wondering. I think you should leave behind a little bit of your artistic self on the walls before you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom is actually encouraging graffiti?

    From my readings about Brazil’s graffiti, it is disrespectful to paint over someone else’s work. Because of this some building owner actually hire good graffiti artists as soon as they build a building so they won’t get tagged with bad graffiti.

    ReplyDelete