24 January 2009

Giralda Catedral y Alcazar






So yesterday me and one of my roommates missed the bus to Cordoba. Oh well, I might go by myself one weekend to look around. But today our group took a tour of the Seville Cathedral and climbed the Giralda Bell Tower. It was amazing inside that place. Huge, huge, huge. We also went to the royal castle that has been here for many many centuries. It is called the Alcazar, and the royal family of Spain actually stay there when they visit town. I don't know all the facts about these places, so if you want to know more, I suggest googling them-that goes for the rest of the places I mention. Anyways, here are some pictures, trying to capture the details, and not really succeeding.Oh yeah, Christopher Colombus's remains(at least part of them) are in the Catedral-wowza, this is the guy who is responsible for America. What's left of him are the pictures that have the 4 large statues holding up a casket thing. And we climbed the tower, which was a long ways up and provided beautiful views of the city.

Adios,
clh







1 comment: