05 February 2009

I live on the 6th floor and I take the stairs everyday:

Hey everyone.

No pictures today, and besides, I don't think my internet would upload any; it has been raining straight for two days. I am going to Granada (where is it going to be in the 30s and raining...more) this weekend if I make the bus this time...so I should have pictures of all that soon.But here are some things that I've noticed since I've been here:

1. Looks like global warming found its way to Spain too. We are getting tons of rain and it is not normal for this time of year. I feel like it has rained everyday I've been here.

2. Spaniards love to stare. I don't know if it is just at Americans or if it is just how they roll. But when I pass somebody on the sidewalk, we always have a stare down-and the other person always wins.

3. If Americans consumed the same amount of food, gasoline, and energy as Spaniards, we would be much better off. Economically and physically.

4. Siestas are coming back with me to Texas.

5. My showers are not going to get any warmer. I need to deal with it.


Buenos dia
-corey

5 comments:

  1. I thought you hated nap time. I could never get you do buy into the idea of resting in the afternoon. So what happened to change your mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past summer I started sleeping a lot actually. You know, the daily two hour nap plus the ten hours at night. I'm a growing girl. Getting those last few inches in so now I'm taller than you. I think the siestas here are just a continuation of it all. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you would have grown fast as a child if you wouldn't have been so hard headed and taken those siestas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the stares are a bit intimidating-I'm guessing from your comment that you encountered that in Italy too?

    ReplyDelete