26 March 2009

Madrid, finally I say.

AND EVEN MORE…


I am slightly sick of writing, but I know that if I don’t get it done right now, I probably won’t get back to it. And Madrid was the main city right?

So Madrid beats Sevilla in food, nightlife, shopping, people, music, and art. Have I forgotten anything?
I ate comida Cubano, comida Chino, comida Turco in the capital. Amazing because Spanish food had no flavor. Where is Mexican food when you need it? Oh that’s right, in Texas…

In Madrid I went to the Prado Museum, the Reina Sofia Art Museum, and the Parque de Retiro. I loved loved loved the park which is comparable to Central Park in NYC. And thought I liked the Prado because it holds so many important pieces of art, I am not the hugest fan of religious artwork. Therefore I loved the Reina Sofia much more. It has the most famous Pablo Picasso painting, Guernica, and many paintings by Salvador Dali, Miró, Gris, and more artists.

The park had this cool glass palace, the “only” statue in the world dedicated to the devil, El Angel Caído, music playing hippies, and tons of people watching.

The last night we were there, Saturday, I went with two girls to go to a jazz concert. Too bad that we got there too late and the place was so packed that they couldn’t let us in. So we turned around and headed down the street looking for a place to rest our tired tired feet. Around the corner there was a small place that advertised live music, so we went in and listened to a local band play. I thought they were decent enough, though my friends didn’t agree with me. The only thing that I could have done without was this one chick who played a flute, a clarinet, the piano, and also tried to sing. I think they allowed her into their band out of pity.

Sunday we took the AVE tren home to Sevilla and I arrived in much need of rest. Ironic eh? Isn’t Spring Break supposed to be a relaxing week?? Adios amigos y familia. I’m off to BARCELONA tomorrow with Lyx! Cheers for more traveling!
-Corey

Pictures:
  1. Mascarpone cake. The first legit cake I've seen in Spain, and the leftovers heated in our microwave was heaven.
  2. The rows and rows of taxis infront of the train station.
  3. The band we saw. I think multi-task girl is in the background...
  4. And the sign of the band that we didn't see.
  5. Dancing for money infront of the famous El Oso y El Madroño (Bear and the Tree).
  6. Parque de Retiro at dusk.
  7. Hippies playing drums in the park's plaza. The drums were resonating off the walls.
  8. A tree that was covered in carvings.
  9. The Crystal Palace that was in Retiro.
  10. Chillin'. Look at hot stuff in the center there.
  11. A street band playing for money. They were really entertaining.












No comments:

Post a Comment